Mr. John Du, CEO of Dream Overseas, has created the 1st global O2O transaction platform in 2016. He has been running the business for over 20 years. He is not only a talented Chinese Australian, but also an entrepreneur in education, immigration, investment, and internet technology. In 2008, Mr John Du won the Initiative Award of the Ethnic Business Awards for innovation and exceptional contribution to the Australian ethnic community and social development. Mr. Kevin Rudd, Prime Minister of the time, issued the award to Mr. Du.
Ever since 2013, TV media of China has witnessed and recognized the innovative ideas of Dream Overseas, followed by Chinese leading media such as Baidu, Tencent and Sina Network, etc. Dream Overseas has been the strategic partner of Visalution program of CBN Shanghai. Mr. John Du is of course the most welcome guest speaker at the Visalution.
Chronicle of Mr. John Du, CEO of Dream Overseas
- In August 2004, in recognition of his effort in culture exchange and charity activities, Mr. John Du was awarded Chinese Elite of Victoria, and the influential man by Chinese Weekly. Ms Amanda Vanstone, former Immigration Minister of Australia, and former Chinese Consul General in Melbourne were present at the award ceremony.
- In October 2006, Mr. John Du was the cover man on the No. 4 issue of Made in China magazine that was the first local magazine focusing on overseas Chinese business activities.
- In December 2007, Mr. John Du and his company was selected into the Book of Patriotic Chinese Collection as a model overseas Chinese success story.
- In March 2007, Mr. Liang Shugen, the Chinese Consul General in Melbourne at the time, issued a special award to Mr. John Du, in recognition of his contribution to the Chinese community.
- In June, 2008, Mr John Du received Chinese Australian Business Talent award from the Global Chinese Media Summit.
- In October 2008, John won the Initiative Award of the Ethnic Business Awards which was selected from more than 100 business elite and entrepreneurs for exceptional contribution to the Australian ethnic community and social development. Mr. Kevin Rudd, Prime Minister of the time, issued the award to Mr. Du. SBS, the Australian TV Network for multi-culture, invited Mr. Du for a special interview. This was the first-ever award in Australia to recognize the value of an entrepreneur who made his mark in education, migration and then further into more territories. Mr. Kevin Rudd was in high praise of Mr. Du as the leading entrepreneur for innovation.
- In April 2016, John and his Dream Overseas were issued the Best Contribution Award by the Organization Committee of Investment Immigration Summit 2016.